Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Overhaul needed

Finally had the chance to speak to Maher, our Olympian. By chance actually. I was on my way back home through the Suq and the Ramadan crowd was so bad I was pushed into Maher's shop. He happened to be sitting there doing nothing, so we started chatting up. He was describing his excitement and experience in the London Olympics; and his disappointment that Palestine, whom he represented, showed little interest or support. I thought it was a pity as the Olympics is one of the best world stages to showcase your cause ... and Palestine let it slip away. Anyway I said I was proud of his efforts, and Maher was happy.

The Prison of St. Peter
Prices are spiking on everything! Now bread is going up 6.5%. More demonstrations are predicted.

Am still recovering from the virus. Slowly. Fever is on and off, and pain in the abdomen. And terribly weak. What I need is a total body overhaul. Just like the dome of St. Peter's Prison is having a total overhaul right now. It's a very little known place here in Jerusalem ... directly behind our house actually. Well I think the whole of Palestine needs an overhaul too .... maybe then Maher will be appreciated by his own country and people.