![]() |
| Fra Ovidio R.I.P. |
The weather has turned cold and rainy again. The wind is biting icy. Still the Jerusalem Marathon went ahead this morning. 32 km in all. I wonder how many people actually took part. http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/thousands-set-off-for-the-second-jerusalem-marathon-1.418968
| Beginning of warmer days ... |
Meantime I have to deal with the pain - implant and epicondylitis. My face is still swollen and the pain though reduced is still lingering. Am on painkillers ... which is killing two birds with one stone since it also helps with the pain on the elbows. My left arm is still braced with wrist and elbow guards.
Yesterday a soldier was stabbed while riding the Jerusalem Light Rail. Awful ... and just in the height of the Gaza-Israel bombings. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israeli-soldier-stabbed-on-jerusalem-light-rail-1.418835 Tensions are high and everyone is unhappy that relationship between arabs and jews have soured again. Now it's suspicion and anger and hatred ... the fragile peace we've enjoyed the past year all shattered by one act of violence. Now we'll have more security checks in the City Gates, in street corners ... more obstacles both physical and psychological. It makes living here a wearisome chore.
