Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hebrew fortune cookie

Well if I thought the hectic running up and down was over, I was wrong. Work load left and right. But I could have coped if not for the dreadful pain in my elbows, especially the left one. Haven't slept well all these weeks because the epicondylitis is simply awful. And worse as I rushed up and down to get my work done, I smashed the left elbow twice into the door. Excruciating.

That evening when I had dinner with Emmanuel at Beijing's, there was the usual (sic) chinese fortune cookie delivered with the bill. First fortune cookie I've seen written in hebrew. Well after reading them, we decided to exchange fortunes ... but since Emmanuel's augured a good future, we decided he should keep his as he wants to complete his PhD as soon as possible. See if you can translate mine!

The weather has been erratic ... sunny but cold and cloudy interchanging within minutes. No wonder everyone is sniffling and wiping their noses from cold. You never know what to wear when going out ... too much or too little.

And that may be a problem for tomorrow when Palestinians celebrate "Land Day" - to commemorate Israel taking the land away from them. Like last year, plans are drawn to organise a mass fly-in by hundreds of Palestinians to Ben Gurion airport to swarm it. Palestinian refugees in neoghbouring countries are encouraged to come back and reclaim the land. Those in the territories are planning to march into Jerusalem. Israeli security is on high alert ... but I guess the deciding factor is the weather. Fluctuating hot and cold will drive everyone sick and that might be the deterring factor. Man lose, weather win. Wonder what a hebrew fortune cookie would say to that.