Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More snow pics

Some of my students
Just downloaded some awesome snow pics from my students who live in the upper part of the New City. They had more snowfall than us in the Old City which is too compact and overcrowded. Well it was a memorable day - the snow that fell after many years.

Meantime its been nothing but rush rush rush the whole day .... from morning at 8am nonstop. Bought medicine, had 1 minute meetings with several sisters who needed help for the poor, been to the Post Office, then back to the Pharmacy, then back to the nuns. My legs were wobbling and I was so tired and hungry I almost fainted.

Independence Park under snow
Came home and had some yoghurt to stop the stomach cramps. When will they realise I'm no longer young and can't do all these running up and down the moutains of Jerusalem like I use to?

The weather has turned around. It was very warm today - 18 degrees although a cold wind still blows. I think the tortoises have come out of hibernation to eat. The canaries were singing like crazy ... and a couple have started building nests.

A snowed out street
I've been thinking of some old friends and was hoping to see them. I mean those here in Israel. Don't know why this nostalgia ... old age I guess. And I had a wonderful surprise ... and old classmate (like way back in 1980 Hwa Chong JC) managed to trace me and wrote an email. Voila! Surprise indeed!!! Good to know she's doing well ... and of course she had to remind me that we're almost into the "big five-zero". Gosh how time flies. Half a century gone. Time to get my rocking chair out.