Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Re-crowned

A beautiful flowering tree
Made a 7 km journey by foot, up and down 2 steep hills at 7.15am, cold wind blowing ... to get to Dr. Serge the implant surgeon. I was the first patient. He put the crown back into the implant but without anesthesia. It hurt and still does. Had to take 2 painkillers when I reached home (by foot of course) but it doesn't seem to work. What a awful pain .... it's giving me a headache now. And a fever. Hope the crown will stay in place for another 2 years. No chewing gum now.

Ghostly skeleton of tree
And my epicondylitis on both elbows are not any better. Dr. Serge suggested buying a laser machine called "B Cure" which he used to heal his tennis elbow. When I walked home, I passed by the pharmacy and asked how much it cost. Answer "Over 2000 shekels" .... my answer "forget it". I'll live with the pain.

The weather is beautifully sunny but a very cold wind is still blowing. Every Wednesday of Lent a pilgrimage Mass is sung in a church that commemorates the Passion. 1st week was at Dominus Flevit, today at Gethsemani, next week at the Flagellation, 4th week at the Condemnation. The Passion of John's Gospel is sung in its entirety. Very long liturgy.

My mud pie dessert with ice cream
Last night I went out for a nice warm meal with Praveen. It's been quite some time since I ate something full. As usual it was a piece of baked salmon - the only thing I can eat without throwing up or end in a diarrhea. Chef Joseph was very nice and came to offer a small glass of Arak (aniseed liqueur) which we drank together. It was good - it warmed up the body and it stopped the pain in my implant. For dessert I couldn't resist my usual chocolate volcano (aka mud pie) ... Praveen warned me of my diabetes ... but since I was going to walk 7 km today, I thought I could take one. It was very very nice. Chef Joseph had just baked it fresh and the chocolate was bitter dark from Belgium. Even Praveen had one and he liked it very much.