The drizzle started this morning at 5.45am. It wasn't much ... but the winds were awfully strong. So strong it reached 100km per hr. http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=198953 The rains then came heavily but in several bursts. Believe me, the air was so polluted with dust when it rained, every raindrop was black. Now everything is stained black. We need more rain to wash it all away.
Anyway it is always good to have rain.
This morning a film crew came to do shots for an italian film. I was told the director is an award-winning maestro and among the actors is a famous legend of italian films Philippe Leroy-Beaulieu ("we grew up seeing his films" is what they tell me). Anyway I don't know them ... but they wanted to shoot a scene of something that happened to me last year. It was during the feast of Sukkot last year and the director and producers of this movie came to see me to discuss the project. As they were leaving, there were shots in the street outside and rioters were running and soldiers were chasing ... i quickly shut the gates and told them to stay put as it was dangerous outside. The director thought it was such a dramatic scene he now wants it as part of the film. The co-producer and good friend, Nicola, pursuaded me to re-enact the part but I refused. Instead I got another good friend/classmate, Agostino to play my part. After 5 takes, the director was satisfied. Everyone thought it was a good take. We also shot scenes on our rooftop panorama of the city and the courtyard downstairs, and the streets and re-enacted riots (we were soaking wet from the filthy rain and freezing cold). In all it took a whole day. Now I've caught a cold.
But it was good working with film media again. I miss it. Thanks to Nicola (co-producer), Matteo (asst. director) and Giovanni (not sure his exact role though but he's always busy), and Paola (manager) and Elisabetta (co-producer) for the organisation ... the entire crew and staff, and Agostino for playing "me" in the movies. By the way, Nicola looks like Josh Groban ... I mean exactly alike! Unfortunately no one here knows Josh Groban, so it was a bit difficult to explain this to Nicola. I'll get a photo of him and you be the judge.
Here's Agostino (the rookie on the left) and Philippe Leroy (the seated veteran) between takes. I know ... Agostino doesn't look one bit like me ... but that's ok; we'll allow for some poetic license here. Besides, I look a lot better.