Had a massive attack of asthma that left me semi-conscious this morning. Was cleaning the birdcage before transferring the canaries from their temporary cage to their main home. But my allergy to bird mites/poo caused a massive spasm in my windpipe and lungs. Luckily Jadallah our janitor was passing by and saw me. Some other guys upstairs also heard my gasping and came to the balcony to see what was happening. Just my luck, Jadallah went to my room and got a ventolin spray ... which was empty. Went back to get a second one ... and it was also empty. Finally found a third one which worked. I was totally exhausted by the time I recovered. Later in the morning when I was stronger, I went to the pharmacy to buy a new inhaler.
Need to rest for the remaining part of the day. The attack has left me with a sore-throat and lost of voice. And pretty shaken.