Yesterday Matthew presented his seminar on his research. Pretty complicated topic he chose. And I still am lagging behind. Don't see my seminar coming up for this year. Have been forcing myself to study overtime ... 20 hours everyday and yesterday 24 hours. That must be the reason why I'm so tired and confused. It must be showing because this afternoon I decided to take a walk in the New City and do some shopping (food for the canaries and a jacket that Fr Loffredda wanted - he's too old to walk out and buy them). Three separate people (Eusebio on his way home from the library, the muslim shopkeeper who just came back from Mecca and our doorman Firas) told me the same thing - "You look terrible. Go home and rest."
Anyway I was so confused I went to the grocery and forgot what I wanted to buy. Munir (Abu George officially) the owner laughed and told me to go home and rest. That makes 4 people.
Well it was a nice walk nevertheless. Lovely cool breeze. I needed the fresh air. Ben our volunteer at Ss. Simeon and Anna (the hebrew-speaking parish) wanted to join me so we met at Kikar Zion (Zion Square in front of Ben Yehuda Mall). We went to Supersol our usual supermarket to get veggies for canaries, then the petshop to get birdfood. Ben bought a guinea-pig last week from the same shop. Yucks - I don't like guinea-pigs. A lady was at the shop with a lovely black american cocker - we had lots of fun playing with it.
Anyway the brains are still scrambled ... but I need to complete analyzing another 16 verses.