Thursday, November 4, 2010

And the news ......

Just got back from Hadassah hospital with a monster splitting headache. Got there on time at 10am. It wasn't very crowded but as usual there is always that compulsory wait. I looked through the reception glass window (the reception and cubicles are separated from the waiting room by glass) to see if Dr Rizen was in but couldn't see him. There was only a handful doctors there, but I asked the receptionist anyway that I wanted Dr Rizen to follow my case. She said ok and placed my file on the waiting rack.

After waiting for over an hour, like, everyone else was in and out of the clinic except me. Then I saw Dr Rizen at the reception and signaled to him. He signaled back "one minute". After 5 minutes he came out to the waiting area and asked me if I had registered (which I did) because he couldn't find my file. I was worried. He went back and after another 5 minutes he came out with my file and brought me into the clinic. Unfortunately all the cubicles were occupied, even the 3 surgery rooms. But once a surgery room was free he got me in and checked the lip. It was cleanly healed and all was removed. No nerve was damaged. So that's good news. Once that was cleared, we moved to the reports. And ..... there's no report on the biopsy. It's on the waiting list. Doc didn't know why and said "no news is good news, right?" Then he suggested that it might take a week more but in any case he'll call me when he gets it.

Got to rest now. Head is splitting.