Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tomorrow is Tu B'Shvat

3rd day into antibiotics. Seems to be working - the fever is almost gone and the sinus pain is reduced. As the saline nasal spray was finished, I had to go out to the New City to buy another one. It was a nice warm day - with dust all around from the lightrail works (it's creating traffic headaches all over the city). Decided to go buy birds' nests for the canaries (time for breeding season) and nesting material as well. Economy must be bad because the shopkeeper Yossi fired his two staff and is working alone.

Now I must say that the trip up the New City was not easy for me, not only because of the remaining pain in my face; but also because of an uncontrollable diarrhea. The story began yesterday. Having taken so much antibiotics without eating food, my stomach was getting painful so I decided to drink a carton of milk the sisters gave me. Should have known I can't take milk - diarrhea since last evening, uncontrollable. Now I stay again mostly in my room, for obvious reasons.

Tomorrow is Tu B'Shvat or Arbor Day. It's a nice celebration - the birthday of the trees - people here eat fruit to celebrate the feast. And voting day is also round the corner - Tuesday. And two attacks reported in Jerusalem on Jews. Is the violence coming back? I saw the streets today with lots of soldiers and wondered why. Now I know.