Friday, February 6, 2009

Saw the doc ... finally

Yesterday I was really pretty sick. At 2am I had this dreadful pounding headache that kept me awake. Then at 4am I had the chills - big time. Stayed under the blankets till 6am because I was shivering real bad. The headache continued through the morning so I decided I had to go see the doc. Got Jadallah to drop me at St. Saviour's where the doc has his clinic at our infirmary. Jadallah was on his way to Ein Kerem to do some job (which really isn't his job).

Anyway I probably have an infection in my sinus that's causing the fever and headache. My nose has been stuffed for the past week and each time I blow it, it bleeds. It's really making me sick. I'm on antibiotics now. Also back to seratide and ventolin to reduce my asthma. And also starting on simvastatin to lower my way-too-high cholesterol.

Well the doc was pleased that I reduced my weight and my suger level has gone down to within normal limits. It took real hard work - and coke had nothing to do with it.

A very touching story in China - http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/suicide.for.liver/index.html There's still selfless love left in this world. If only there were some other way to help the family so the little girl did not have to try suicide.