I'm still messed up with this Jerusalem attack .... because I live here; and these are people who live around me, people whom I might have possibly met while walking along Jaffa Road. While for the rest of us, it's over and history, I feel it's still so much alive - there are still people who have to live the consequences. I feel sorry for the policeman who's now being questioned. "Try to get into his head" was what the Commander recommended to the enquiry. Imagine yourself at such a situation as that policeman, what would you have done? Shoot the wounded man in cold blood? But if not, then this is the result: people accuse you for not doing more. The policeman did what he thought was best at that situation; and we must give him the benefit that he was making his best judgement. Imagine the sleepless nights that he must be going through, the nightmare of reliving the carnage.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215330883497&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull