I'm not quite good at walking these days. My left ankle is hurting very much from an old injury (twisted it in Bethlehem some 20 yrs ago) and one of my toes may be infected because I cut the nail too deeply. Now I'm hobbling about. And walking 3 km home everyday via Convent of Ivrea for Mass is not joke. And you can add the heatwave to that.
![]() |
| Queueing at the Tomb |
I'm once again lost regarding time. I keep thinking today is Wednesday and kept preparing for class, and cancelling meetings and errands ... only to be told several times it's Tuesday. Maybe the heat is frying my brains.
This morning as I walked to work I passed an old american tourist who's always in white and comes every year for several months. He didn't seem himself ... he didn't greet me but had a dazed look on his face. He had stains of blood wiped on his pants. When I reached my work entrance I was told several cars had been damaged. Later I learned that it was this old man who had smashed the windshields and dented the cars. I was told he was arrested. I wonder what made him to do that. He was always soft-spoken and gentle. Reads the Bible, writes notes. I've never known him to be violent. Could be the heat.
.jpg)