Thursday, July 18, 2024

Busy

Ethiopic Mass
I've just discussed my Saturday schedule for the Summer with various migrant chaplains. Most will be going on home vacation. That means I'm taking over their jobs for the next 2 and a half months. Every Saturday I'll have the Italian Mass and Ethiopic Mass; and added to that twice a month the Chinese Mass or the Konkani Mass. That means celebrating 2 Masses minimum and 4 Masses maximum each Saturday. I'll have no time for anything else.

Last week I managed to take a photo of the Ethiopic Mass during the "I confess" (confiteor); the Ethiopians kneel and prostrate for this prayer during Mass. It's a gesture that other rites do not have.

Now to think of it, I'm busier during Summer holidays than during the school year. I'll need a vacation from this Summer break! Already I'm feeling overworked and stressed.

I've not seen the 3 bulbuls since I released them 2 weeks ago. I hope they're not caught by humans or cats; and they find food and water in this terrible heat. Nature is stronger than we think, and their natural instincts will preserve them. But secretly every morning as I walk to work, I hope to see them in the park.