| Palm Plaza at night - tense |
There are repercussions here 90 km away from Hawara. Police have stepped up their presence and stopping arab youths at every corner. It doesn't bode well as it only escalates the tension. Goodness knows where all this will lead to.
I'm still recovering from a weeklong flu infection. My Covid tests are negative. It's high fever, sore throat, lost of voice, nausea. But the worse is the fever that doesn't go down. Many in my house are down with it. 3 of my library workers are down with it. I don't care what it is as long as I get over it. It is very exhausting to be constantly sick.
In Syria we can't speak of reconstruction of the fallen towns and cities yet. Debris must be cleared away, then building material must be brought in. But this will not happen because 1) Syria is uncer sanction so nobody can import anything; 2)ISIS controls the other half of th country and they don't allow outside things from entering. It is so complicated ... and the poor people suffer.