Thursday, February 9, 2023

Help 2

Children sleeping in our
classrooms
The earthquake is still our main concern. 16,000 dead. News continue to flow in of our christian families sheltering in our schools and church halls. Missing family members ... frantic searches, desperate prayers. It's very heartbreaking. The fear, cold, unknown future ... all gripping a people already suffering from a 10 year war. They need help. Can you pray for them? Or offer financial aid? Our Franciscan Custody center in Jerusalem is ready to receive donations to aid our refugees in our schools and churches. In fact I was approached by our superiors to fundraise aid for this tragedy.

Israeli govt is warning everyone to prepare for an overdue massive earthquake to hit the country. We were hit by 2 minor earthquakes yesterday ... 24 hrs after the Turkey-Syria earthquake. One was 3.5 in strength and was centered in Samaria; the other was 3.9 centered in Lebanon. It's getting serious! I better recheck my emergency pack - medicines, documents, torchlight, winter clothes and water. Hoping I'll never have to use it.