| Our Fr. Khukaz, ordained last year, serves food to our refugees of the earthquake in our parish hall. |
Thanks to everyone for your generous support of our work with these victims in Syria. We will pray for your kindness. I received news that M. Teresa's convent was only a little affected ... 2 cracks that are superficial. They are sheltering 2 families in their convent which is already full of handicap children.
Yesterday our Old City was almost under chaos as thousands of muslims came to the Al Aqsa to pray. It was the feast of Mohammad's ascension to heaven ... which took place in the Al Aqsa mosque so that place was the center of the celebrations in the entire muslim world. Israeli police were out in force. The eastern City gates were packed with people. Moments of tension and provocations were sporadic. Riot police drove to break up the crowds ... who regathered to jeer. I had to pass by there yesterday as a visiting priest and friend came. As I cannot walk fast or run, being around Damascus Gate at that moment was a little dangerous.