Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Procession

Armenian patriarch in
procession
Another cloudy grey day with a temp of around 9 degrees. Still the streets are full of tourists. Today was more special ... the Armenian Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople arrived on pilgrimage with many Armenians accompanying him from Turkey. I happen to be at Jaffa Gate at the pharmacy when I saw a bagpipe band and lots of locals and tourist groups gathered there. Further down the trail towards the City Gate itself the Armenian clergy were gathered around a car with the Patriarch in it. Heads of all the other Churches were also present to welcome him. Then at 1.30pm sharp the band struck up a march and the procession began. I managed to snap a photo of the Patriarch .... he carries the mace of authority.

So news isn't so good for my health. A cardiologist from overseas saw me and said after 2 months with still pains and difficulty in breathing means the first operation was not successful. I need to get more tests done and find out where the other problems are. Like I said, the valve in my left ventricle is not closing properly and there's a reflux of blood. That's one problem that needs fixing. Anyway I'm not any better and that's a point for worry.