Friday, January 27, 2023

No rain

Sydney-sider Chinese
group in Shepherds
Field
 It's already the 6th day of the CNY and I haven't updated the blog. Well on one hand I wasn't feeling well. I still have great difficulty climbing stairs. The pain and breathlessness is terrible. On the other hand I was very busy ... so many visits from university students, new manuscripts coming, tons of payments and of course a high volume of Chinese pilgrims. I had to meet various groups from around the world ... the diaspora community that's travelling freely. Only China and Hong Kong are missing. Because walking far is difficult for me, I usually have someone accompany me in case I faint or have a heart attack. I really need the 2nd operation to solve my heart problem.

The weather has warmed up and though it's quite pleasant, we have no rain. This is bad news. It'll be a drought year. We had only a few hours of rain this winter. That means veggies and fruit will go up in prices; water tax will rise. I just checked the weather forecast ... it says this winter is above average in warmth. That's not good. Let's pray for storms.