Sunday, April 10, 2022

Palms

Armenian catholic 
church today
 It's Palm Sunday today. I had to celebrate the Mass for the Armenian Catholics as they have no priest. It was good to see several parishioners who have not come for the past 2 years due to Covid. I blessed the palm and olive branches and they took them all home. I believe a visiting priest from Rome will come to serve the rest of Holy Week.

Plaited palms for sale
Meantime the annual palm procession from Betphage took place with Ministry approval. No need masks, distancing or group restrictions. Thousands showed up, with religious, seminarians, priests and bishops. It was as festive as it was before. 

I avoided going even at my usual station at Gethsemani - since I can't walk the full distance - because I wasn't taking the risk of catching covid. The number of infections are rising though there are no serious cases. There was one case in my house last week, and yesterday night another case ... next to my room. I am very worried and avoid going out or coming back. 

Well Holy Week has started. I'll have to balance between liturgical obligations and prudent Covid precautions.