![]() |
| Ramadan break-fast food |
Every night the Al Aqsa mosque provides free dinner for 6000 people. It's meant for the poor, but we know some well-to-do people also go there to eat. Other muslims do charity by providing free food as well, whatever they can afford. Our doorman who is muslim collected some dinner packs for his family and gave me one. It was very nice. Saffron rice with roast chicken. Something solid to break the fast.
![]() |
| Crowds at Damascus Gate |
The weather will peak at 31 degrees this afternoon. I'm wearing short-sleeved shirts now. It's definitely warm enough. But indoors it remains chilly and a thin hoodie jacket is necessary in order to avoid catching a cold.
I'm contemplating going to Jaffa for Holy Week as my community has decided to join the celebrations at the Holy Sepulchre this year. I don't want to do that because it's very crowded, no one wears the mask and the services are super long. Not good for my IBS. I'll have to make a booking for a room at the Jaffa community soon.

.jpg)