 |
Sr. Ekaterina this morning |
A very sunny day. And I thought I could begin my self-isolation with some reading ... but even that luxury is denied. I was called to go to our Printing Press because there were books to collect and bills to pay. And a student Sr. Ekaterina - a russian orthodox nun - needed an article for her thesis. So I had it photocopied and brought it to New Gate where she can to collect at 10am. After dealing with all that needed to be dealt with, I quickly rushed home. I don't want to be out for any longer than I have to. The new strain of covid is deadly and very infectious. I don't intend on finding out.
Once back home, I brought the boxes of leftover food to my room. It'll be my nourishment for the next few days. I have white rice, stewed potatoes and carrots, and roasted chicken. I won't starve. Instead it looks like I'll be putting on more weight. Lockdowns are dreadful for weight-watchers. I hope to keep my mind off food by reading more books. And playing with Buddy and JJ. Both boys had just taken their baths so they're sleeping under the sun by the window. That's a little moment of peace for me.
 |
| sunrise today |
Infections have hit 10,000 victims yesterday. It's a crisis situation and most people are heeding it by staying indoors, getting tested and going for their inoculations. That's good. And the 2nd vaccine has arrived ... by Moderna. The 1st by Pfizer is not too trusted locally. Not enough tests were done and people are afraid of side-effects. Pain in the arm and drowsiness are the common complains ... and drowsiness is dangerous because there are people who drive to and back from vaccinations and sleeping at the wheel will cause accidents and more deaths. The irony of it all.
From our terrace I can see how bright and beautiful the Mt of Olives is today. I wish I could walk up to the peak and view the whole of Jerusalem as well as the Dead Sea and Jordan. But there's the lockdown. I'll make up for it once the lockdown is over.