Sunday, January 17, 2021

4 degrees

Storm clouds early this morning
A very cold and windy day. It didn't rain during the night but the temp. kept falling. Today though is bright and sunny but as forecast, a strong cold westerly wind is tossing the country about. Being Sunday, I usually throw out the garbage at 5am so I'd be free for the rest of the morning to clean my room and prepare my laundry for washing tomorrow. Carrying the huge bag of trash from kitchen out to the public bin down the road was very cold. I was shivering though I was wearing a thick winter jacket. Even now in the afternoon with the sun shining, it's very cold and I must have the heater on. I can see the 2 palm trees opposite my room in the Omariyya School buffeted by the very strong freezing wind.

JJ sleeping
I still don't have a fever, can smell and taste ... and my sore throat comes and goes. I'm becoming paranoid. I've diarrhoea today ... which makes me even more panicky; but I think it's because I'm eating cold food from the fridge for the past 2 days and keeping the leftovers in my room for dinner. Some of it were spoilt. But I don't want to leave my room so that's the best I can do with meals. 

Today's news say having immunity from Covid doesn't prevent one from being a carrier and spreader. That's bad news. And a rabbi who had had 2 vaccination shots still contracted Covid ... showing that Pfizer vaccines aren't 100% preventive. And now just out, the Health authoritiesjust said that those who fatty liver are 40% more at risk of dying from Covid than healthy people. I have a fatty liver. All these are making me even more paranoid. 

Most of my time is spent studying and reading. And Buddy and JJ will fall asleep, one on my lap and the other on my shoulder. That's peaceful and I try not to move so as not to wake them up. Other times they'll be hyper-active, playing and screeching and eating. They can be quite a handful. Still I enjoy their company as I have no one else to mix with during my self-isolation.