 |
| JJ sunbathing |
What a busy day ... and my feet are killing me! After days in self-isolation, I had to go back to work (unofficially) in the Custody library ... and when I arrived at 9.30am, there was already a queue of students and professors at the door ... even though the library is officially closed. Besides retrieving books for the students and receiving borrowed books (they must be quarantined for 3 days), I also had to receive and check 24 boxes of ancient books transferred from Emmaus; and searching for hours of an article which I could not find. That was 7 full ours of work, on my feet ... hence the pain.
The weather is once again sunny and pleasant outdoors but indoors it's freezing. My nose was running because of going out and coming in. Terribly uncomfortable when you have to wear a mask. Birds have been sunbathing ... like JJ at my window. It's a great sight to see. But I was told by the weekend, heavy rains and even snow is expected. It will be JJ's first snow if it does.
Violence continued in the ultra-orthodox cities .... burning buses, attacking arab drivers and police ... and the police and govt cannot keep them under control. It looks like it will not be solved because the powerful rabbis are behind it. https://www.timesofisrael.com/police-use-stun-grenades-to-clear-haredi-mob-who-torched-bus-at-lockdown-protest/?fbclid=IwAR2c-dRY6-IpHYVMGLwlTmr0PXXLFJ2VA_rIYfV1RT86kw_tArBcBKjbNuE
 |
| Musrara market ... empty |
Meantime infection rates lowered to 8000 but more are dying ... presumably due to the new mutant strain of covid. Still hope is mixed with fear ... and the second half of 2021 is forecast to be an upturn. Only bad news is the defense ministry is warning that an israeli mutant strain of the virus is a possibility and the country has to be prepared for it.