Friday, May 8, 2020

Super moon

Super moon 
Feeling quite sick again this morning. Dizzy. Got a worker to go buy a blood pressure machine ... measured and registred 145/77. Maybe it isn't high for you but it's definitely high for me. My normal is 120. Exactly just then the Nazareth Hospital called to ask if I'm ok ... so I told them my bp. They said it isn't very high but still high by my standards. Eat one garlic, drink lemon water ... all the stuff. After 3 hours measured the bp again and it was down to 134.  Ill have to stop stressing over so many things. It's killing me. Others say it's because of lockdown I don't get to walk 4km everyday to work and back ... so the bp rose. Maybe that's true.

There was an earthquake in Iran. 5.1 on the richter. It always scare us when there's an earthquake Iran/Iraq or Greece ... because it would affect our tectonic plate along the Jordan River. I should repack my emergency backpacks just to be on the safe side. And stock up on medicines.

Praying on the roof
The supermoon was out last night ... extremely large and shiny. It's the last supermoon of 2020 and I was glad I caught it. It was amazing. I would love to go out in the night and see the lights at Damascus Gate ... but officially there's a curfew every night of Ramadan. That's theoretical because last night cars and motorbikes were roaring up and done our street. Crowds continues to wander up and down our street, shouting, talking, eating .... no masks, no distancing. It's all a farce this curfew. Not a single police around. And when the curfew ends in the morning, the police fill up the streets. Looks more like a curfew for police than for residents.

It's Friday and the mosques are still closed. I saw muslims praying up on their roofs and terraces. That's how followers of all 3 religions are praying. The govt has allowed prayer groups to be up to 19 people  while keeping a 2m distance and services conducted in the open. So far muslims and christians are not doing it as sacred space seems to be an important ... but also they don't want to be hackled and harassed by other religious people in public. Christians after all are a minority.