Thursday, May 7, 2020

Fine weather again

Nuns taking selfie
The weather has become summer again ... very hot. And more people are out in the streets now that the lockdown has eased. Lots of cars in the streets. The tram is working again. Kids are riding bikes and people are taking walks in the park. Even nuns are out taking selfies .... caught 2 of them outside Damascus Gate. One works in our museum and the other in the library. We chatted for a while since we've not met for the past 7 weeks of lockdown. Everyone wants to take advantage of both the fine weather and the freedom of movement.

I had to go back to the other office this morning to pay the workers. It's not easy as most have been working from home ... cataloguing of books are all done online now ... so they had to come to my office to collect their stipend. It was a good chance for me also to get some fresh air again.

Kids on bikes today
The new coalition govt will be sworn in as the incumbent PM has been re-nominated. Both pro and anti demonstrators have made their feelings public. A reshuffle of the cabinet posts is expected and hopefully the Health Ministry will be improved and fortified to solve the pandemic scourge.  

My heart is a lot better now. I realised I cannot sleep on my left side ... as the hospital advised me several years ago ... because it adds weight on my heart and affects its beating. My breathing becomes very laboured as well. So I can only sleep on my back or on my right side. I've also been going to our terrace more often to breathe in fresh air and get a bit of the sun, instead of being enclosed in my room. I hope I'll be fully alright the summer is at its height and the lockdown is over.