Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Sudden storm

Geraniums at Tsahal Square
What a thunderstorm .... in 10 minutes the sky grew so dark we had to turn on the lights indoors. Thunder roared and enormous raindrops pelted down so loudly we couldn't hear each other. Unbelievable that it should rain like this in May. But just as suddenly as it came, the storm disappeared after 10 minutes. I was hoping it would continue raining because today I must wash the courtyard. Too bad for me.

More restrictions have been eased today with parks, libraries and gyms reopening with immediate effect. The 100m limit for walking is now lifted and people can wander as far as they want. Shopping malls and street stalls may also open. However universities and colleges will open only on June 14th. One strange ruling is beaches are closed for sunbathing but open to water sports. Does that mean one must keep playing non-stop because if you stop and sit down to rest, that's sunbathing. Confusing.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/malls-libraries-gyms-and-zoos-the-businesses-that-can-reopen-under-new-rules/?fbclid=IwAR2qW57xfLBNdGvDcOg_Iv-jRtTBt6vHZhrJ7g9ij9-9HsVBRIwxMcKp8wo

Jaffa Street at the Post Office
My chest pain has lessened a lot thanks to Dr Thomas Wong's advice. It's been terribly scary ... with palpitations, dizziness and nausea for 3 days now. Today I feel a lot better with no dizziness and only once chest pain. Still I'm avoiding to exert myself. I'll see how I'll wash the courtyard without becoming sick.

Well as schools eventually reopening in 3 weeks, students are preparing for exams and finishing their theses. I have no workers in the library yet ... so I'm alone handling the university students with their very many demands for photocopies, scans etc.... I guess its that pressure that'll give me a heart attack.