Saturday, January 11, 2020

Weekend

Sunny but cold today
The weather has turned sunny again. But the cold continues. Winter this year really feels like winter. And the storm has dropped so much water the Sea of Galilee has risen quite high. Forecast is rain again next weekend. We'll be ready for it. The question behind everyone's mind is : will it snow?

I was wondering how the poor people are coping with this cold. Without electric heating or sufficient winter clothing, it must be very difficult for the young and old. I'm trying to collect more old winter clothes and passing them M. Teresa's sisters who distribute them to the poor.

Russian church ceiling
I paid a visit to the Russian Church in the Old City this morning. I wanted to see some details which I had missed while visiting last but read about it in rooms. It's a very interesting place which few tourists know about. I took a photo of the ceiling and the surrounding icons .... a very peculiar perspective.  

While tensions with the neighbouring countries is not on the headlines .... the downing of the ukrainian airplane certainly is. Now everyone is thinking twice about traveling in planes.

And of course the new strain of SARS in China is frightening us because the number of chinese tourists have increased and many .... are coughing.