![]() |
| A muslim, jew and christian walking down the same road |
And to top that, my memory lost is getting worse. This morning I carried 3 books into the library, started preparing the library for students to come .... and I couldn't find the books after that. Just couldn't remember where I left them. And I discovered I left my keys in the library since yesterday.
We have wonderful news ... Israel has developed and anti-diabetes drug to fight Type 2 diabetes. That's hope for many of us. https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-developed-drug-could-treat-insulin-resistance-in-Type-2-Diabetes-614384?fbclid=IwAR2CZl2WJb413zDvrc4tszeMta2Vh9yzD7gp3qUoW3OVe3e8FfYc1gXE_hY
On the ground level though the ultra-orthodox jewish community is flexing its muscle and forcing public buses from running on the Sabbath. The trial of running Sabbath transportation was a great success and many cities had started implementing it but now the minority religious showed its power by getting the govt to overturning the court ruling to allow Sabbath transport. There will be a big backlash in the coming elections by the disgruntled majority who need the transport.
And continued headlines of Israel bombing Syrian targets is bothering us ... about retaliations. Policing in our area has stepped up and stop-and-search is more frequent. Well I hope it won't bother our Chinese New Year celebrations next week .... like no road closures or checkpoints.
