![]() |
| Fruit from the farm |
Well ... I was also very tired last night as I had to rush off on short notice to Bethlehem at 7pm to bring back 3 boxes of 16th century books. The librarian there discovered them in their library and notified me last week. The traffic jam getting to Bethlehem was absolutely terrible. Then there was the traffic jam coming back. After coming home at 8.30pm I found out there was no food leftover from dinner. So I went to bed hungry and very tired ... I didn't eat lunch also because I was working in office. I managed to eat 2 bananas which a friend brought earlier in the morning from his farm. That was very nice. It came in very useful. He happened to pass by my office and brought a plastic bag of 2 bananas, 2 corn, an apple, 2 cucumbers and a few others from his fields in Bethlehem.
And nationwide, things remain tense. Israel bombed Gaza again after the latter launched rockets. Then we learn that ultra-orthodox jews had demonstrated in central Jerusalem, blocking traffic, trains and buses. They were protesting the compulsory drafting to military service. And now Trump is going to announce his peace deal which everyone expects to disadvantage the palestinians, there's been calls for violence and clashes in protest.
Right now, I'm just too tired to think of anything. Just eat something and sleep.
