![]() |
| Xinjiang muslim pilgrims |
Tourists are flocking into the Old City in unbelievable numbers ... not just christians but muslims as well. Today there were countless Xinjiang muslims at Damascus Gate ... speaking turkish and mandarin. Holy Week is starting in 10 days and the Jewish Passover falls exactly on our Good Friday. The crowds of christians and jews will be enormous.
There was another stabbing attack in Hawara, the town just outside Nablus in Samaria this morning. I think it's the 2nd terrorist attack. That means entry into Nablus will be very difficult as road blocks will be set up all along the way. And jewish settlers will be waiting along the highway stoning arab cars that pass by the way. It's dangerous.
Meantime in Gaza the Hamas govt and terrorist group Jihad have ordered Gaza's to stop violent attacks at the border with Israel. Israel had last week granted concessions by widening the fishing boundaries (many Gazans are fishermen). The checkpoints and borders have reopened and I think some food and medical supplies are permitted to re-enter. That's good news.
![]() |
| Village vendors at Damascus Gate |
Meantime in Gaza the Hamas govt and terrorist group Jihad have ordered Gaza's to stop violent attacks at the border with Israel. Israel had last week granted concessions by widening the fishing boundaries (many Gazans are fishermen). The checkpoints and borders have reopened and I think some food and medical supplies are permitted to re-enter. That's good news.
It's 4th Wednesday of Lent ... so right now the Lenten pilgrimage celebrates Mass at our Condemnation chapel. There's a small crowd here in attendance with many friars singing solemnly the Passion. I have a high fever since this morning so I'm not going down. Just stay in bed and hope the fever goes away.

