 |
| Thick fog at the highway |
So it's the 3rd successive day that I woke up at 3am to do something .. this time it wa to travel to Tel Aviv for my doc appointment. I had to leave at 5am otherwise the traffic would be impossible. Then again today is a national holiday ... being Election Day. The highway was a lot quieter with families waking up late. By 8am I saw crowds lining up at polling stations to cast their vote. Then it was beach time ... thousands took advantage of the sunshine and especially school kids ... the beaches were packed. Other families were shopping in the major thoroughfares of Tel Aviv ... the sidewalks were so crowded, people spilled onto the roads and blocked traffic. Quite annoying ... except that it is after all a holiday ... so after a few curses by drivers, things moved on. Public transport between cities today are free of charge ... so people can go to vote and also enjoy the holiday. I rather liked that.
However the early morning ride to the city was dangerous because of a very thick fog that enveloped the highway 20 kms away from Tel Aviv. Visibility was down to 3 metres ahead. I have never seen anything like this before.
 |
| Holiday crowd at Allenby Road |
The checkup was good and the doc was pleased ... she said it's no problem. Then she corrected herself and said it's a problem but it's a solvable problem. Just need to make more tests to figure what treatment is applicable. I was quite pleased. After that I took a walk along the beach and bought some chinese food at the fantastic Peking Duck restaurant. It was still early and no clients arrived yet s I was the first. The 2 shanghainese cooks came to speak with me. Anyway I remembered I have to keep a vegetarian diet ... and the doc said this morning that I must also cut down on sugar and carbohydrates. Looks like I can only eat air ... and even that is polluted.
Police were everywhere ... not just in Jerusalem but also Tel Aviv ... which is very rare. They were at the beaches and roads with restaurants and shopping malls. The borders with Palestine were all closed for 24 hours. All the tensions will die down by this evening ... but tensions will rise within the Israeli side of the border when the votes are counted tonight.