 |
| Wild mustard in the muslim cemetery |
Friday passed without major incidents here in the City though security helicopters flew overhead for several hours at noon. I didn't want to stay in the Muslim Quarter because of the crowds of tourists and muslims coming into the City to pray ... so I stayed in my office 1km away till the noonday prayer was underway ... the streets are quieter because most will be in the mosques and tourists will be eating lunch.
 |
| Damascus Gate vendors |
The weather continues to be cold but sunny. No drizzle at all. The wild flowers are particularly profuse this year because of the rains. Streets, walls ... everywhere is blooming in colourful flowers. The Music Festival ended and right now I can smell someone barbecuing somewhere nearby. The smell of summer. But I feel fatigued and sick. No appetite for food or anything. High fever every night. Yesterday I had a talk with out house doctor. Talked about death and he described his duties when I die. Morbid I guess ... on my birthday ... but I thought it's important to discuss these things while I'm still alive.
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers and gifts. With the relative peace we're having in the City, I'm taking advantage of it and going to sleep early. Tomorrow is the last Lenten Vigil at the Holy Sepulchre and I'll go again and pray for you all.