Wednesday, September 5, 2018

St. Teresa feast day

Dawn
Today is the feast of St. Teresa of Calcutta. I had Mass on Mt. Calvary with the MC sisters. There was a small crowd that joined in as well. It's been 62 years since she was inspired by the words on Calvary "I thirst" and founded the society of sisters. Buona festa. I did so much wanted to eat a nice breakfast to celebrate the feast day but there was so much work I had no breakfast at all.

Autumn is well underway as the sun rises now at about 4.30am (3.30am solar time). At the height of summer the muezzin sings the pre-dawn call to prayer at 2.30am solar time. That's really a trial when you want to sleep. But the nights are getting longer so all the better for us. I just so happen not to like the cold that comes with it. Soon the jewish New Year and feasts will come and our streets will be busy again in the night with jewish religious people going to pray at the Wailing Wall. But the Priestly Blessing will also take place on the 3rd day of the Feast of Booths (Sukkoth) so that will be something I look forward to. I go to the Wailing Wall where the jewish priests give the blessing of Aaron.

I have a very tight schedule this Saturday due to my confusion of dates: 8am Mass, 8.15 meeting and 9am conference. I will have to cancel something. I just am unable to remember anything anymore. During classes I find myself lost and students have to finish the sentence for me. I go to places and forget what I'm supposed to do there. This is dreadful. Someone laughed and said it's dementia. Could well be!

The typhoon in Japan was quite a whopper ... this year we've had a whole series of earthquakes, volcano eruptions and typhoons. This is apocalyptic ...  a harbinger of worse things to come?