Friday, September 7, 2018

Not all quiet

Quiet Friday streets
It's Friday again and it's noticeably tense with lots of police stationed in and around the Old City especially in my Quarter. I noticed more arab youths were being stopped and searched this morning more than the rest of the week. I guess it's also because this Sunday evening begins Rosh haShana (jewish New Year). But being Friday, coming home from Mass at 7am is nice because the streets are empty ... everyone would have gone home to sleep after their early morning prayers at the mosques. I rather enjoy going out at that early morning ... the air is fresh and cool ... the grass is wet with dew and the olive trees smell of its perfume. The occasional jasmine is overpowering overpowering with its perfume. There's this house that I have to pass every morning to the Ivrea convent, it has a jasmine plant which is so sweet each time I walk under it I think of the cannonball trees and it's incredible flowers.

Galaxy Note blew up
Burst capillaries is my biggest health problem these 2 weeks. Opening a door, carrying a plate or a book ... and immediately a capillary bursts in one of my fingers. The pain is awful and the swelling is bad for a couple of days. I might have to wear finger guards (again ... I used to do that when the bursting was frequent) to keep the capillaries in place. That's one of the side-effects of too much cortezone use ... for my asthma. And the shoulder pain persists so I hardly sleep. It's dreadful having only to sleep 3 hours a day with a whole day's work lasting 16 hours. No lunch breaks. Dinner usually means 10.30pm when I get home. And my fingers swell with burst capillaries when I take food from the fridge. They just burst.  

My Galaxy Note 5 blew up yesterday. Luckily it was not in my pocket and it didn't catch fire. Just blew up. Lost all my data. Depressing. Well all wasn't well around the southern border today as well .... there were clashes at the Gaza border. A 17 yr old gazan was killed. We hope it'll all pass ... except the lurking fear that the jewish High Holidays is in 48 hours time ... and trouble-makers might use this to ignite more problems.    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5343284,00.html