![]() |
| Israeli visitors at my library |
Anyway this morning was one long rush ... starting at 7am I had Mass with my last 4 deacons who will leave for home tomorrow for their priestly ordination. It was a happy sad moment. They had been great students whom I had accompanied for the past 4 years. After that I had to rush up to the other library where I had to host a group of Israeli visitors. Then it was doing some paperwork before rushing down to Gethsemane to preach the retreat. Luckily one of the deacons' visiting parents offered to drive me down the 2 km journey to the valley. I had a 4 kg bag to carry and so I was very grateful for the ride. After preaching, I had to climb up the valley back home ... this time without the car ... carrying the 4 kg bag. This afternoon I have 2 more meetings.
![]() |
| Another dove nest |
A famous chronicler of Jerusalem life is Sarah Tuttle-Singer, a young blond who takes fantastic photos and writes very expressively and passionately about the jewish-arabic life in the City. Not everyone loves her though ... her friendship with arabs has raised the ire of rightwing Israelis who see her as an enemy. She recently published a book and some kind person publicised it on his blog ... only to be riled and attacked by right-wingers. It's sad when Israel says it's the only democracy in the Middle East but is intolerant of views that are not rightwing. http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/sarah-tuttle-singer-israelb-and-her-book-launch-10-points-you-need-to-know/
Singapore is the safest country in the world. That's what the polls say .... which is little consolation when we live here where Gaza just fired dozens of missiles into Israel again. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-ranked-safest-destination-in-the-world-for-3rd-10454308?cid=FBcna

