![]() |
| 2 graduates at Mian |
The defense itself went smoothly. My students were well prepared and answered all the questions thrown at them. There was a commission for the defense comprising me the director of the thesis, a presider of the examination and a 2nd reader. Both graduated with high marks. In the evening I invited both for dinner at Mian restaurant. Chinese food. Something new for them as both come from Africa - one from Burundi and another from Ethiopia. They liked the food ... and I was relieved. Anyway they'll soon return to their own countries to be ordained.
![]() |
| My lilies in full bloom |
The weather has cooled a lot and lilies have been flowering profusely. The agapanthus have also flowered in the parks. Other plants though are withering away because summer has set in. I'll have to start planning for flowers for autumn ... planting should start in July.
My operation due today has been postponed to next week because I need to get a CT scan done to check the density of the bones. I'm not sure where I can get it done so today I'll be searching for a specialised clinic to do it. Because I don't have medical insurance, most hospitals and doctors refuse to accept me. I have to look for a place that's willing to do it for me with the insurance ... but it also means I need to pay a lot more for the service.
One dark cloud is looming over us ... there might be a general strike of municipality workers soon. In the summer heat, the uncollected garbage will rot and stink. Awful. https://www.janglo.net/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=446057#.WxaPCJU49F8.facebook

