Tuesday, June 26, 2018

FB hacker

Summer mood at
Municipality Square
We learn that there was some violent attack along the Via Dolorosa ... near the 5th or 6th Stations. Soldiers were running down Damascus and Lions Gates, and ambulances were flying through our narrow street. All we hear from street talk is that the terrorist was wounded. After that the streets were tense.

I've tried to rest this morning ... with swollen feet and terrible confusion. Still I had to go to work at the other library because I had to finish a report by 12pm. After handing in the document at 12pm, I rushed home ... hoping to rest but was called downstairs because a visitor from Australia came. After that I tried to sleep ... only to realize I had to celebrate Mass at the convent and I was 20 mins late. Rushed there and celebrated the Mass. Came home exhausted and only remembered I had an appointment at the other library 1km away uphill and was half an hour late. Rushed there as fast as I could. Lesson to learn: having a bad memory is bad for your health ... you have to do double the work. I've firmly decided I want to sleep all through the summer. Aestivation is the word.

So Prince William had an afternoon at Tel Aviv beach ... playing football with some jewish and arab kids ... besides visiting Yad Vashem in the morning. Good for him ... as long as our roads and streets are not closed. Tomorrow he goes to Ramallah and then Thursday he'll be the first British royal to visit the tomb of Princess Alice, his great grandmother, who is buried in the Russian Orthodox convent on the Mt. of Olives (behind Gethsemani). Traffic down in the Kidron Valley will be closed. Glad I won't be gong down there anymore.

There was another upset in Tel Aviv yesterday, the segregation of genders at a concert. This follows the demand for gender segregation on an El Al flight from NY by 4 ultra-orthodox men. However this time I felt that the clash was unnecessary nor justified because the concert was open to public and organized by the ultra-orthodox Chabad group. If you wanted to participated, just abide by their demands. If not, then no one is forcing you to go. It's not as urgent as a flight.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-from-tel-aviv-to-el-al-israel-is-backsliding-on-gender-segregation-1.6213222

But the biggest news is my facebook was hacked. Someone had posted all my photos (which I set as private and "only me") in other people's FB pages. Last week someone (probably the same hacker) harvested my friends list (also set as "only me") and whatsapped me as a threat. So for the record if you receive posts from "me" or photos from my FB .... it's NOT from me. It's a hacker at work.