 |
| Prince William in his limousine |
So Prince William was in the Old City this morning ... and I was just 4 meters away from him. Not that it was pre-planned. I didn't plan to go see him. I was called out to our bookshop at Jaffa Gate because 3 boxes of books arrived and no one knew to whom they belonged. So as usual I was called to check it out. It was then that I noticed all the streets in the Christian Quarter was filled with security personnel. And directly in front of our bookshop was the convoy of William's entourage ... 6 or 7 cars. But the last one was directly in front of our bookshop ... and William, who was on a walkabout there, came to his car ... rather briskly ushered by security guards while tourists were cheering and snapping photos. It was some 7 minutes his car remained in front of our bookshop ... waiting for security clearance, before it left. But during that time, he rolled down the window 3 times and waved to the tourists lined along the street.
Well it was a little excitement to change the dreary hot summer that we're having. Most locals have no interest. It's the tourists who were waiting to snap a photo of him. I had too much work for that stuff.
 |
| Damascus Gate lighted up |
What I did enjoy though was a short walk last night at the opening of the Jerusalem Light Show. This year it's much bigger than the previous years. It has 4 routes in the 4 Quarters ... yes even El Wad street that runs down the Muslim Quarter had it's light show ... though really minimal but it was made up by several musical bands. Damascus Gate was fabulous.
I had a very long day of work and classes so I was too tired to walk the entire 4 routes. I just went through the Christian and Muslim Quarters. Hope to see the other 2 Quarters in the next few days. My legs were feeling like jelly ... and I knew I was too tired. What I really want for my summer vacation is sleep and sleep.