 |
| Tourists in the rain |
Someone has hacked into my facebook account again ... the 2nd time in a year. I was locked out of my page and had to reset and verify my account again. This is very terrible. I wonder if I can complain about this.
Meantime the temp. was down to 8 degrees all morning and heavy drizzle. Everyone was out with umbrellas (foreigners) and thick winter clothes. But still I saw a few tourists in shorts and summer clothes ... shivering in the rain. Shop owners suddenly start selling umbrellas and making quick money.
By lunch time it was 13 degrees and stopped raining but the sky remains very dark and threatening. I would love to hear some thunder and see some lightening. I miss that very much. And to think Singapore is the capital of lightening ... there are more lightening strikes in Singapore than any other city in the world.
 |
| Locals in the rain |
I was suffering from diarrhea all night and morning because I ate some leftover macaroni from fridge without warming it last night. I then decided to go for Mass with the community, thinking I would be ok ... or at least I'd hold out till the end of Mass. Just my luck ... Sr. Gabriella from the 3rd Station fainted after the 1st reading and the Mass was held up for 15 mins while everyone was running around to help her. Luckily a visiting group of spanish pilgrims had a doctor among them and she came into the church to help. And Sr. Jeannie who is here to help in our kitchen these 3 days is also a trained nurse. Apparently Gabriella's sugar level dropped ... probably because of diabetes. Anyway she was carried home and Mass continued. But by that time my tummy was really bad and I had to hang on for another 20 minutes before Mass ended. Now I'm feeling queasy all day. Still with diarrhea.
And because 2 of our librarians are sick and not at work I have to stay and work till noon when another came to takeover. Then I walked up to the other library to start work there till 2.30pm when I have class till 4.30pm. After that it's a big rush to M. Teresa's convent for adoration, bible conference and confessions till 7pm. I hate Thursdays as much as Mondays. Thursday I work 17 hours and Mondays it's 18 hours. And now I have to deal with hackers.