Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Gone with the wind

Wednesday was nothing but stress. For simply repeating what someone had said, I was accused of putting words in that person's mouth. That person is afraid to admit having said that .... and the supporter is totally closed off to any possibility that these words were said. Living in a fantasy world that his friends will never make mistakes or do anything wrong but everyone else is culpable. Reality will rudely wake them up.

Wet winter leaf
The weather continues to be cold but not rainy. Though good for outdoor activities, what we really want is rain. The Sea of Galilee must rise another 5 meters to get back to normal. Water taxes have risen and an additional drought tax is imposed. Plus the cold, when heating takes up a lot of electricity as well .... taxes will be exorbitant for many poor people. If it rains then at least the water taxes will be reduced.

As I said, exams are round the corner and I have to invigilate an entire afternoon next week for my course. It's an oral exam but with some 16 students it'll take a lot of time. And I'll be very tired at the end of the day. Will need to take ginseng for energy.

Tomorrow is the Immaculate Conception feast ... and though it's a holiday for us, I still have to work because there's an exhibition where some of our books are on show. I need to take them out to the exhibition centre in the morning and keep them in the evening. Another holiday blown away ...  like the colorful dead leaves falling from the trees.