![]() |
| Wet cold & deserted Via Dolorosa |
I had a horrid evening because I was caught in the heavy shower that fell between 6.30pm and 7pm. I had just completed an important translation of a document and sent it by email before walking home from office in the heavy rain. Was wet through. As soon as I entered my room, I received a message that I had sent the wrong document and they needed it urgently in half an hour. So I ran (actually shuffled) up the hill in the downpour to resend the correct document and returned home. Was absolutely drenched. I thought I would get sick so I stayed in my room instead of going down to the freezing chapel for vespers. I think I was the only crazy guy out in the streets .... everyone else was probably indoors as the streets were deserted.
![]() |
| The sisters of the Silent Workers of the Cross come to visit. |
The attack in Istanbul that killed the Russian Ambassador and the Berlin truck murder shocked all of us. It's an extension of what is going on here in our region ... the ripples are extending to Europe. And it's not the first time. If the war does not stop in Syria, then Europe will have no peace either. It's dreadfully tragic.

