Yesterday saw a series of demonstrations in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem by local israelis protesting in solidarity with the syrians in Aleppo. Recalling how they suffered in the Holocaust, these Israelis used their rallying call for the Holocaust "Never Again" to apply also to Aleppo. And in the face of world silence and reluctance to stop the massacre, I seriously think Israel alone is brave enough and capable to end this massacre.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/israelis-denounce-aleppo-massacres-in-tel-aviv-protest/
There is also a report on the small and persecuted community of christians in Gaza and the bleak Christmas they face. It seems that all christians in the Middle East are facing serious persecution in all forms with no world help. Extremely bleak for the local christians ... and an appalling reflection on the universal christian church of all denominations for their silence.
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.759270
Yet in the dark news christians in the Middle News there was a little light ... news is leaking out that the ISIS occupied monastery near Mosul which was liberated recently still held a few hundred precious manuscripts secretly hidden by a priest before fleeing from the muslim extremists 2 years ago.
http://www.livescience.com/57240-historic-texts-hidden-isis-occupied-monastery.html
 |
| Mini-panettone |
Weatherwise it is still a little warm ... about 10 degrees. But in 4 hours it'll drop to 3 degrees. I forgot to bring a pullover so I think I'll freeze on my way home. I dread it. Last night was tough as it was cold and I had an asthma attack and my shoulder hurt very much. I don't think I was made for winters. Can't understand how anyone could enjoy winter ... except of course if it's Christmas time and we get panettone to eat!!! The shops are now selling mini-panettone ... small as your palm. Just nice for me as it won't be too much of a danger for my diabetes.