 |
| Baptism at St. Savior parish Church |
After 6 months of calm and relative peace, violence has broken out again. At 1pm a jordanian citizen was shot dead by soldiers at Damascus Gate after he allegedly attacked them with a knife. 40 mins later in Hebron a car rammed into Israeli soldiers but the driver and accomplice were shot. Then later further in the north stone-throwing arabs send a car spinning off the road. And 2 hours later again in Hebron another attack occurred. Today yet again another knife attack wounded a soldier. I'm not sure which part of the country ... I think it's near Hebron also.
What a dreadful day. But it was more or less what we expected as the muslim feast ended and the jewish feasts will commence soon. This is the usual time of year for violence.
 |
| At the baptismal font |
Healthwise, the external tensions seem to be affecting me. For 4 days now I have been having fainting spells, nausea and headaches. I would like to think I'm dehydrated but I'm not so sure. For 2 nights my hands and feet were swollen and tingling of pins and needles. In fact they itched. And the throat is constantly very dry. And there was fever several times as well. I think maybe my sugar level is too high. And in truth, I've been sleepy too little lately ... brains just messed up with so many problems.
This afternoon Francesca a chinese exchange student at the university was baptized a Catholic. She had been faithfully going to Mass everyday and receiving catechism for many months. At her baptism and confirmation rites, there were franciscan friars, dominicans, Legionary of Christ, Jesuit, and several local catholics who go to Mass with her. It was a very nice experience for everyone. Everything went smoothly. Thank God.