Our former president and statesman Shimon Peres died last night at the age of 93. He's known as the president/statesman of hope ... that was his constant message. And he never took himself too seriously. When he stepped down as president, he made several video clips of himself searching for a job ... at the age of 90. Very funny. He can laugh at himself.
http://jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/shimon-peres-funniest-moments/
 |
| Flyer of arab food by delivery |
High drama yesterday evening ... received a warning (we have phone apps that warn us of missile attacks, terrorist attacks, war etc...) that all roads in Jerusalem were blocked off and a terror alert was issued throughout the City Old and New). Only an hour later were we told that a terrorist had entered Jerusalem and evaded the police. A 15 yr old arab boy. Sounded bit exaggerated that the entire City had to be closed off because of a 15 yr old boy. We had older and worse terrorists than that and the City was never closed off. Anyway the alert was called of after a couple of hours. We're not told if the boy was caught or whether the entire event was just a drill.
 |
Sr. Sophie's
roasted chicken |
Miracles do happen. Yesterday evening I was very very hungry when I got home from work. Hadn't eaten anything since the night before. At our reception, I found a flyer of a new arab takeaway restaurant .... good food and relatively cheap. I wanted very much to eat a roasted chicken drumstick (featured in the flyer) .... it's been so very long since I tasted one. But I couldn't afford the delivery meal. Just then my phone rang. Sr. Sophie called to ask "Are you downstairs at the door? Don't go away; I have something for you". 15 minutes later a car drove up to our door and the driver gave me a bag from Sr. Sophie - one whole roasted chicken!!!!! God surely works in mysterious ways.