Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Christian mooncake

Christian mooncake
Right now we're receiving news that there is an attack at the Israeli Embassy in Turkey. This is terrible. And this morning, there was a 13 yr old arab girl, somewhere in the north, who rushed at soldiers at a checkpoint, expecting to be shot. She didn't carry any weapons. Soldiers shot her in the leg. She said she wanted to die. Now why are such young children , in this past 6 months, committing suicide? This is not the first case. Many "terrorist" attacks are actually suicide attempts. Either their life situation is really so bad, or they have been brainwashed. This is a terrible tragedy when young children see no hope in life and go let themselves be killed.

The new Apostolic Administrator had just given his first Press Conference which was broadcast live. In an hour he will make his solemn entry into the Old City of Jerusalem. We're expecting a big crowd. All our library workers are going. I have to stay back and watch the fort ... and I have 2 appointments in the meantime.

My partially subluxed shoulder has been hurting so bad it has made sleeping almost impossible. Yesterday evening I went to the doctor who gave me a jab (not sure if it's for pain relief or anti-inflammatory) which still hurts today. And with some manipulation, he got the joint back into the socket. The pain is much less now and I can lift my arm up. But as he warned, it will slip out again if I carry heavy boxes.  What a dilemma. Anyway I think it could have been the subluxation and inflammation that caused the fevers each night. And also the constant headaches for the past week.  I think I might get an x-ray of the shoulder to see how much damage there is.

Billy (from Mian restaurant)  brought some friends over to visit, and one gave me a very unique mooncake ... with a christian message. Nice.

Everytime I receive news of the bombings and war in Syria ... and the thousands of innocent people especially children who suffer, I cannot but be aghast at how other people would still think that their problems are the greatest in the world. Money, fame, pride ... people whining over these when here we are so thankful if only there is a safe shelter tonight, and a piece of bread for a meal ... that no bomb will drop nearby today, no fanatic may cut my throat at the next road junction.  A dislocated shoulder, pain, fever, fainting spells ... what are these compared to the little child hiding under the staircase for fear of another bomb, not having eaten in 3 days?  The message on the mooncake is the only think that gives reason to continue living.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/middle-east/the-arab-world/syria-dozens-killed-after-ceasefire-ended-23729