Sunday, September 4, 2016

St. Teresa of Calcutta

Buddy bowing to M. Teresa
The canonisation Mass of M. Teresa is on right now. I'm watching Vatican TV online. So is Buddy. He didn't bother much about the bishops and cardinals, but when M. Teresa's picture was shown, he bowed. yes he did!!! And when the pope came up on screen, Buddy stepped on the bar to pause the frame. I wonder what Buddy was thinking.

I guess I've neglected Buddy these few weeks. With all the work, I've left him alone in the room most of the time. In the night sometimes he comes down from the curtain rails (4 meters high) and sleep with me. Today I decided to stay in with him so he's very happy. I even gave him an apple.

The railway implosion is really peaking. Thousands have demonstrated and public media have condemned the whole fiasco. The PM is getting all the blame a he (naturally) bowed to the ultra-orthodox demands. He needs to do that because his coalition govt. hangs on the few seats held by the ultra-orthodox. Political survival is more important than the public that elected him to serve them. But things are not as simple as it seems. The Transport Minister, who has had a history of clashes with the PM, has calculated this fiasco to shake the PM from power. The public discontent that traffic and rail system be halted now for several days, affecting security (soldiers can't get to their bases) will certainly bring the govt.'s downfall and earn the hatred of the public for the ultra-orthodox who have till now controlled almost all of Israeli life. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.740086  and  http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.740055

And another joke (insult?) on the headlines is Donald Trump wearing a jewish prayer shawl given by a Protestant pastor. Some jews are greatly insulted by this. Others think it is inappropriate. I think the pastor is just plain dumb. You're christian!!! Give a cross or a bible .... but not the religious garment of another religion!!! What next? ISIS giving out crosses to buddhists and hindus??? Sheer idiocy. Identity crisis of american protestantism.  http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.740062