![]() |
| Very cloudy morning in Jerusalem |
The humidity has been intense these few days ... so much so that it feels like autumn already. The Mt. of Olives is covered in mist in the morning and dew covers the ground in our area. The Spring bulbs have started sending up foliage .... too early!!! They should do this only in November.
The ultra-orthodox jews have begun their push to claim "holy land" from secular jews throughout suburbs in the country. The latest is a shopping mall in Kfar Sheva, a suburb of Tel Aviv. Though far enough from ultra-orthodox strongholds, the ultra-orthodox have managed to infiltrate the secular city and force the shopping mall to close on Sabbath. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.736532
And as if the lack of goodwill isn't enough, yesterday's newspapers reported a taxi-driver refusing to pick up a blind woman in the rain because she had a guide dog and he didn't want his new car to be dirty. The Court made him pay 10,000 shekels as compensation to the blind lady for discrimination. http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/in-israel/local/taxi-driver-to-compensate-blind-woman-for-discrimination-22967
Here's a video of the muslim-jewish clash in the Al Aqsa Compound. There's another video of the riots in our street but I can't find it. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4841361,00.html
But I'm not going to let any of these things stress me out .... I just block out all stressful people and situations. Enough is enough. I am sick and tired of other peoples' problems. Good night!
