Monday, August 29, 2016

Palm Plaza lights

Palm Plaza at 10pm
It's Monday ... I started work at about 5am. Had only 4 hours of sleep. I must start writing a lot of reports because there might be a change of jobs and transfers next month. I must be prepared to hand over my various jobs to others if the decision is taken. I hope I get to transfer to a retirement home ... to rest and recover from my illness and prepare to die.

The lights in Palm Plaza is a permanent feature now. Every night the lights on the palm trees are on ... and they are very beautiful. A little joy in an otherwise tense neighbourhood. I call it Palm Plaza as most people do because the official name is Mishol HaPninim Garden and no one can remember or pronounce it.

There's a video going viral about a jewish orthodox rabbi calling for the deaths of 2 christian who were evangelising in Israel. Watch it and see the response of the 2 christians. Don't think that this is an exception ... such concepts and attitudes to christianity are held by the majority of Israelis who learn it from school.  https://www.facebook.com/oneforIsrael/videos/1344268295591126/?pnref=story

Several court cases are in session probing soldiers or civilians shooting and killing palestinians. The outcome? http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/in-israel/local/exclusive-police-calls-to-free-farmer-who-shot-palestinian-23224    and  http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/IDF-investigating-soldier-who-shot-Palestinian-running-toward-checkpoint-466312  are just 2 articles on some of the cases. Mind you, I'm not saying that shooting and killing jews are permissible. No killing is. Not out of fear, prejudice or revenge. But the prosecution of jewish and on-jewish killers are disproportionate. Some newspapers have noted this.
Palm Plaza during the day

Leaving contentious issues aside, the weather is cooler than we expected for August. The nights can get chilly. My asthma is a lot less, just once a night now. But my partially subluxed shoulder still hurts, as my left ankle. These old injuries will be bothering me forever.