Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Goodbye Sr. Cecilia

It's already midweek ... and towards of August. How time flies. Soon the profs and students will be returning to start the new academic year. Our catholic schools have already started .... but not altogether. The higher classes have begun classes but those lower such as Grades 1 to 6 are still on holiday. The govt. is still not assisting in financial subsidies so I don't know if the schools are able to function full time this year. What a pity.

Sr. Cecilia
Sr. Cecilia the founding sister of the Pious Disciples of the Divine Master congregation in the Holy Land will leave tomorrow for her new mission in Italy. She started the foundation of her community from scratch, and single handedly organized the Armenian Catholic rite liturgies and cared for the basilica. She even studied armenian in order to sing the liturgy. But I'll remember her for the lunches and ice creams whenever I needed it. She was always careful with cooking my food whenever her community invited me over for lunch: no gluten, no nuts, lots of meat and veggies. I'm sure not only her community but also the Armenian community will miss her. She was a great organizer and administrator. Tomorrow she'll be sent to Italy to start a new mission. May God bless her and be with her all the way.

Meantime my hands are all black and blue from burst capillaries in my fingers. They hurt very much when they burst and swell. Must be the cortezones I took for my asthma. They thin the veins so they burst easily. Holding a book, turning a doorknob ... all these actions cause a vein to burst. I hate it. But if I don't take the medication, I'll die from asthma ... or a heart-attack as the docs warn me. The labored breathing will cause a strain in the heart. I need to wear finger guards (like in volleyball) to hold the veins in place and protect them from bursting when I exert pressure.